Planning to purchase the Best guitars for beginners in India for 2020?
You must be buying for the very first time. Learning the guitar as well as trying to buy a good one, both put the users on this dilemma.
It’s very much recommended that you buy a good guitar in the first place that would last longer and be worth the money.
Whether you are going to buy with a budget-friendly amount or value for money, we have listed the best guitars in India in comparison to price and its quality.
Types of Guitars & 5 Basic Buying factors
Before we get into the best guitar brands in India for beginners, You must understand that guitars have a wide range of classifications.
What are the different types of guitars? How much should you actually spend? Should you buy second hand? What’s the general size of the guitars? What wood finish is the best for guitars?
Basic classification of Guitars
Unless you are truly interested in reading our detailed article on different types of guitars in the market, we will explain it in short.
There are mainly 3 types of guitars –
- Steel-string acoustic guitar
- Classical guitar with nylon strings
- Electric guitars
As a beginner what you will need is a steel-string acoustic guitar. Those are the same guitars that you see most of the people playing. They are very fit for playing classical music with fine soft tones.
Comparing the nylon string & steel string guitars, acoustic guitars with steel strings produce better sounds and priced reasonably low.
For a beginner, playability should be more important than sound.
Nylon string guitars have soft strings, comfortable for beginners but would rather make you bored of its sound on long usage. Its price is also a little higher compared to the steel-string guitar.
Acoustic guitars are simple, easy to use, and have all you need to get started. You don’t have to worry about plugging into anything. Those are the ones we recommend you begin with.
You must NOT go for the electric guitars unless you know how it sounds & what music you really want to play for. Though they are lighter and far more comfortable than acoustic guitars, the main difference is that its output sound can be amplified.
5 Basic Buying factors
- Structure & size of the guitar – This basically refers to the size of the guitar- full-sized, medium-sized or small-sized.
Depending on the shape of guitar i.e. guitar wood body shape, they are further called by different names. As for a beginner, this really isn’t a concern to take in.
- Price Range – Depending on your budget you must be spending your money accordingly for the guitar. The more your budget is, the better the sound would be.
There are guitars staring at cheap rates of Rs.2000 and Rs.3000. However, we suggest that you at-least invest Rs.4000 for a decent good guitar best for you.
It’s understandable that if you want a cheap guitar just to play for not-so-long. But the truth is that there are decent affordable guitars suited for beginners that will cost you only a little above what cheap one’s costs.
- Action of Guitar – Action refers to the height of the strings from the fretboard. This is the most important factor you will need to consider for buying the best guitars for beginners India.
More the action/height from the strings, the more the pressure you need to apply for playing the strings.
The guitar’s instrumental sound is produced when the strings vibrate and hit the fretboard. The action of the guitar should be not too high or too low, but a minimum height for better playability.
Though there are ways to change the action manually, it’s better to get the right one in the first place.
- Strings quality
Definitely, your guitar is going to play the best when your strings are perfect. Thin strings are easiest for a complete beginner.
But to prevent it frequently from breaking, get a good pair of strings separately or go for a good guitar with one.
- Comfortability & Playability –
To play guitar really good, it requires the person playing to be in a comfortable position in terms of the posture he holds the guitar, and how he plays it.
To find a perfect sized guitar for you & supposing you are more interested in going for the full-sized one, You must have a take on a guitar from your friends or local store.
This will ensure your comfort and if you are okay with buying it.
Let’s go right into the real part. Finding the best guitar for you from the best guitar brands in India.
This video pretty much sums up the checklist to consider.
Really Cheap Guitar for Beginners
These are some of the cheapest guitars in the Indian market which we recommend, in case you are short on budget for like Rs.1500-Rs.2000.
We can confirm that these would sound mostly the same as the other guitars, However, its long-lasting isn’t guaranteed.
Ukulele vs Guitar
What’s Ukulele? and why do you need to opt for Ukulele?
Ukulele is a type of guitar, a little smaller in size compared to the standard guitar. Guitars have 6 strings while Ukulele has only 4.
Let’s break it down more.
Ukuleles can play higher, cheerful tones very well. But they aren’t capable of playing all styles of music. But it does give the fast pushing curve for the beginners.
The options of good guitars at a rate close to this price is very few. Hence ukulele was designed for portability and newcomers to guitars.
Just like a few of the people prefer starting with ukulele, this was the best recommendation we have. This is readily small sized – 23″ small and easy to hold.
- Body: Rosewood fingerboard wooden finish
- String type: Nylon type classic – 4 stings
- Features 18 frets
Apart from the good quality build of this ukulele, it’s more notable that it has limited tuning from A-G chord.
- Small sized 23″ & easy to carry
- Mostly ideal for folk, country, and related genre music
- Ukulele Gig Bag and 2 Picks Included
- Very easy tuning
- Limited tunes from A-G string chords
- Mostly used by just beginners and kids
Juarez is one of the best guitar brands in India that sells affordable good quality guitars. In India, they are one of the most bought sellers in Guitars.
At the price of Rs.1890, they offer the value for money for this guitar kit.
- Body: Ebony wood & Fingerboard: Linden wood construction
- 38 inches sized (2.72 Kg weighed)
- Great looks and innovative design
- Features 18 frets & 6 steel strings
- Cutaway designed to easily reach & play all frets
This acoustic guitar is suitable of playing any genre of music as likely as any other guitars in the market. Certainly the best if you aren’t going to spend too much on your first guitar.
- Cutaway at the fretboard can help you hold and play guitar better
- Great wood finish construction
- Buying options included for both left and right-handed users. (buy carefully)
- Action is little high
- Long lasting of the product isn’t much guaranteed. (Better to invest little higher)
At a price of Rs.1890, Intern INT-38C acoustic guitar offers a guitar kit with a lighter weighing guitar.
- 38 inched sized (2.1 Kg weighed)
- Features 18 frets & 6 steel strings
- Great looks with cutaways for easily reaching all frets
- Body: Ebony wood & Fingerboard: Linden wood construction
- Lightweight guitar weighing just 2.1Kg
- Low action for better playability
- Good quality board finish
- Long lasting isn’t guaranteed. (Better to invest little higher)
Ukuleles have spot-on sound. Neither the less, they look just like a guitar. The beauty of ukuleles is its small form factor and is best for not-so-serious music artists.
However, the best acoustic guitar you can find in India is only from the best guitar itself, not ukulele.
Best Guitars for Beginners India 2020
Under a price of ₹10,000, These Guitars at the best prices is definitely the ones we recommend you buy.
We start by the Yamaha brand, which is the top-brand in the guitar category. You would have known that this company is one of the leading manufacturers in Music Instruments, and yes It doesn’t put out its perfection.
This is one of the most preferred guitars by almost all artists for this budget range. Yamaha is a very popular brand in India that delivers professionals instruments at reliable brand quality.
Yamaha F310 is a 6 stringed acoustic guitar, great for playing music of any genre. For a price of Rs.7,999, this is definitely the best choice.
- Weight: 2.44 Kg
- 41″ inches size
- 6 steel stringed – Rosewood body finish
- Dreadnought styled guitar – Acoustic feel
- Features bolder & richer tones
- Powerful sound and strong bass.
- Top-quality wooden & body finish
If you are looking for the value of money, it’s worth buy.
This guitar is the best selling product on Amazon all-time and has got ratings more than any guitars available in the market.
This is the same guitar as the previous of the same type of dreadnought body. More importantly, this guitar features a little less weight of 2.4 Kg and Tonewood’s finished color.
Great sound quality and smooth fretboard with the focus on quality, design, and sound as all Yamaha acoustics.
Another option you could look for in the best Guitars for Beginners India is the Kadence frontier series guitars. The frontier series is Kadence’s budget series.
This Kadence 41″ guitar is semi-acoustic, which features an additional capability to amplify the audio and tweak the tunes to finer adjustments.
- 41 inches size
- Body: Spruce wood Fretboard: Rosewood finish
- Packaging includes 1 pack of Strings, picks, tuner, foldable guitar stand, bag, strap, and capo
- Great sound quality
- Features connectivity to speaker output
- Easily tune sounds using the equalizer and also amplify
- Cutaway present for reaching all frets chords
- Little heavy guitar
It’s priced at Rs.6,645, an amazing deal to consider while buying the best guitars for beginners India.
If you are comfortable with dreadnought guitar, this guitar from Fender offers a great choice. It has a natural gloss finish and a spruce top.
At a price of Rs. 5,999, this becomes a basic guitar for beginners.
- Dreadnought guitar – 20-frets
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Packs with a FA-115 acoustic guitar, picks, strap and spare strings
This Ibanez guitar is the most preferred guitar by our website visitors. Not just for the international brand value, but also for the perfection in guitars Ibanez manufactures.
This Ibanez MD39C-NT is a 39″ guitar, not too big or not too small. The action is just right out of the box, very easy to play without needing any external adjustments.
If you are not in the budget to buy Yamaha F310 at Rs. 7,999, this would personally be my next option.
- Weight: 2.76 Kg, Size: 39 inches
- 20 Frets, Top – Spruce Back & Sides – Nato
- Spruce Wood’s body has great quality.
- Cutaway present, easy for beginners to hold
This is by far one option for Ibanez quality lovers, one best guitar for beginners at Rs. 6,499.
This is another best Kadence semi-acoustic guitar priced in the range of Rs. 5,400. As a semi-acoustic guitar, Yes this too features an equalizer and pickup.
- 6 Steel strings
- Fretboard: Rosewood Body: Spruce Wood
- Includes Equalizer and Pickup
- Good build quality and appearance
- Comfortable playing while sitting or standing
- Kit includes Bag, Strap, Strings And 3 Picks
While considering buying a new guitar you should consider the basic factors – Price, Comfortability & Brand.
We mentioned the best guitars for beginners in India for a good nominal range from the cheapest of Rs.1900 to a good rate of Rs.8000.
Like we mentioned, a smaller cheap budget can only short-term fulfill your happiness & playing span, for which we don’t recommend you.
At last when you are buying the guitar, make sure you receive the product in a good condition, else request for a replacement. Amazon is good in those terms.
It’s time to rock ON!